- Physician specialising in Psychiatry.
- Full member, scholar and supervisor of the Portuguese Society of Group
Analysis and Group Analytic Psychotherapy (SPGPAG), having been chairperson for
- Full member of Group Analytic Society International (GASi).
- First SPGPAG delegate in the Group Section of European Federation for
Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (EFPP).
- Founding member of the International Society of Neuro-Psychoanalysis.
Specialist in Psychiatry with the title of Hospital Career Consultant, worked
for 30 years in the Psychiatry Unit of Hospital de Santa Maria, ten of which as
Team Leader of the Day Hospital.
His activity in the Psychiatry Day Hospital has always combined clinical practice
with the responsibility of supervision and training of technicians in mental
His current private activity covers the following aspects: individual analytic psychotherapy,
group analytic psychotherapy, group analysis, supervision of clinical work of psychiatrists